Aqualyx – Fat dissolving double chins
Aqualyx is a solution of deoxycholic acid that is naturally present in the human body. This is a secondary bile acid which the body naturally produces to liquify the fat in the gut. It works to emulsify fat for absorption in the intestine.
Aqualyx breaks down the fat cells, destroying them permanently and releasing lipids which are then expelled naturally by the body, through the lymphatic system.
AQUALYX fat dissolving injections are an excellent treatment for those looking to treat localised fat, such as the double chin.
How it works
- Following a thorough consultation, the area under the chin is carefully mapped out. The Aqualyx solution is mixed with lidocaine (an anaesthetic) to maintain high comfort levels throughout the procedure.
- Aqualyx is delicately injected with a fine needle covering the entire pocket of localised fat (the double chin).
- Usually, there will be localised swelling and reddening immediately after the treatment. There is also a risk of bruising.
- The post treatment inflammation is very important as the cells that produce collagen and elastin (fibroblasts) are stimulated. This causes skin tightening in line with fat reduction.
- It takes time for the fat to be broken down and expelled by the body. Some people may see significant results after 1 or 2 sessions, but Aqualyx tends to be a course 3 treatments, carried out at 6 week intervals.
Fee: £450 per session
Number of sessions: 3, on average, with 6 weeks intervals.
Maintenance: N/a – permanent fat reduction
Treatment time: 30 minutes